High quality low-SWR tuned multi-band antenna with N-female connector. Aviation-quality components provide excellent range for HNT (Helium) hotspots in 915MHz or 923MHz regions, as well as for drone and glider (FLARM or OGN) applications.
Please note this antenna is not suitable for LoRa in the UK or the EU. It is suitable for applications in the USA, Australia, and other countries that use the 915MHz band.
- 16-element collinear dipole antenna: 11.5dBi gain with very low SWR (typical <1.1 @ 915MHz; max 1.50)
- Brass tube elements with 1.0mm copper feedline
- Impedance - 50Ω @ 915MHz. When measured with a DC multimeter, it is normal for this antenna to appear short circuit.
- Beamwidth - 360° (horizontal) / 8° (vertical), vertically polarised
- Weight - 1100g including mounting kit / Length - 220cm
- N-female connector on antenna end
- Designed for use with HNT, FLARM, OGN, LoRa, ADS-B, AIS and other applications on the 915MHz band.
- Highly weather resistant fiberglass radome surrounding a copper/brass tube dipole.
- Rated to wind speeds up to 215km/hr (60m/s).
- Operating temperature range -40°C to 60°C. UV resistant and highly waterproof.
- Pole clamp included (suits 35mm to 50mm pole diameter).
- Must be mounted vertically: the two drain slots either side of the connector must point downwards and remain clear to allow for thermal expansion, and to shed moisture.
Please note that this antenna ships as two 110cm lengths which screw together into a 220cm antenna. We recommend the joint is protected with self-amalgamating tape, in the same way as other outdoor connectors in your antenna system.
We test each batch we produce, and publish the results. You can find out the batch code for the antenna you receive by looking for the large, colourful QR code on the outside of the packaging.
Important note - antennas with batch codes W3KKV and NJR4X were made with an incorrect label, stating the frequency range to be 824 - 960MHz. The actual bandwidth for these batches can be found at the links below. You can determine which batch you have received, and access test results, via the QR code on the product packaging.
Batch test results - W3KKV (886MHz - 934MHz @ VSWR <1.5)
- Must be mounted vertically: the two drain slots either side of the connector must point downwards. Either tape from from below the cable connector to 10mm above these slots, moving the bracket as needed, or tape from below the cable connector to 5mm below these slots, leaving them clear for water to drain.
- Ensure all outdoor connectors are taped with self-amalgamating tape (not electrical tape)! Water will seep through screw threads over time, and will permeate your cable and antenna via the exposed connectors, causing performance to mysteriously drop some days or weeks after installation. Click here to add some to your cart.
At 2.2 metres in length, this antenna is a beast! Make sure the mounting pole can handle the force the antenna will apply in high winds.