Design recovery and PCB reverse engineering
• Need to urgently replace a damaged part?
• Want to refresh a design to replace out of date components?
• Do you intend to extend an existing product to add Internet of Things capabilities?
We can create new designs from an existing product, allowing you to refresh an existing part with modern components, while maintaining backwards compatibility. We can even work in additional features, such as radio communication for IoT.
We'd love to discuss your project with you.
• Evaluate your existing part, including any existing documentation you might have
• Test the part to understand how it behaves, and develop a equivalent schematic and list of functional requirements if none exist
• If firmware source code is unavailable, we will recover any firmware in binary form, if possible given copy protection features. If this is not possible, we will develop equivalent firmware against the functional requirements
• Prototype and test the new part to ensure it meets the functional requirements identified
• If necessary, test the replacement part in the original machine or assembly to ensure it works appropriately
• Finally, we will iterate on the verified schematic and firmware to resolve any integration issues, and add new features & connectivity.